Much as I would love to send out a nice, short email… we’ve just got too much going on to make that possible. So grab a cup of coffee and your calendar, and make notes of all the following.
There will be no Troop meeting this Thursday, April 18, due to Maundy/Holy Thursday services.
- April 16: This Tuesday at 7:00, come join the Cubs of Pack 3301 as they hike in Manhattan Park. Share some Boy Scout awesomeness and recruit a few new kids to our Troop!
- April 26-27: Camp Rota Kiwan and Aviation Merit Badge at the Kalamazoo Airzoo. Costs $28/scout and $15/adult chaperone. Bring a lunch for Saturday or extra money to buy junk food at the museum. Click here for more info.
- May 17-19: Mark your calendars and sign up now for the Sleeping Bear Dunes outing. This one is a perennial favorite.
- June 13-16: Hocking Hills Adventure! The votes are in, and the most popular activity choices are climbing, mountain biking, canoeing, and hiking. Alex O’Brien is double checking all the rules to be sure we are meeting BSA safety requirements. If you and/or your son are going, we will need BSA Health Forms (parts A, B, and C). If we have a health form from summer camp last year, it will cover this trip. If not, make that doctor’s appointment ASAP!
- September 18ish-22: Mackinac Rendezvous, with a possible extra adventure to the UP. Registration info for this will be coming soon.
- The final payment of $180/scout ($155 for the second brother) is due April 25. Pay up before they start charging late fees!
- There are also several boys who have not turned in their merit badge request forms. Please remind them to do so.
- May 4: Mulching at Mayflower. Please come help our Chartered Org look beautiful! Bring gloves, rakes, shovels, pitchforks, wheelbarrows, push brooms, and leaf blowers (preferably gas powered or cordless).
- June 21 & 22: Reed’s Lake Run. This is both a service project and a troop fundraiser. A lot of families already have vacation plans for this weekend, so if you’re not out of town, please prioritize this project!