Summer Camp 2020
July 19-25, 2020
Gerber Scout Reservation
NEW! Parent Portal
Now parents can enter registration and Merit Badge selection through the Parent Portal. Contact LaVonne Carlson if you would like your scout’s ID and Password.
Use this sheet to sign up for camp merit badges. You can circle the ones you want and turn the sheet in to Mrs. Carlson (don’t forget to put your name on it!), or you can ask your parents to register you through the Parent Portal (see above).
What will I learn? What are the prerequisites? All the information you need about summer camp merit badges can be found in this catalog.
Contains important checklists, camp schedule, camp rules, and other fascinating tidbits.
Note that this is a revised form, different from last year’s form.
Scouts and adults must complete all sections of this form and get it signed by a qualified physician. Please turn these forms in to Mr. Dedenbach before the last minute. Don’t forget to include your insurance information.
If your scout (or you) will take prescription medication at camp, please fill out this form and give it to the camp Health Officer with the medication on Sunday before we depart. Remember that camp is NOT the right time to see if your son can go without his meds.
Adults attending summer camp must have DHS clearance. Fill out the form and mail it with a copy of your Driver’s License to: DHS Clearance, 121 Franklin St SE Ste 200, Grand Rapids, MI 49507. (Clearance is good for 2 years as long as we have a copy on file. Double check to be safe.)
For full camp information, including what’s new this year, check out the Leaders’ Guide!
- Cost: Total cost for summer camp is $330. (There is a sibling discount of $25 if you have more than one boy going to camp.)
- Payment schedule: the first deposit of $180 is due February 20; the final payment of $150 is due May 29.
- If you or your scout have any medical concerns or dietary requests, please let Mrs. Carlson know.
- For 2020 only: late fees will be waived, and troops and individuals may cancel their reservation up to 2 weeks before their camp date (July 4 for Troop 271) if they are worried about Covid-19.
- An announcement will be made on May 15 regarding whether summer camp will still happen or not. See michiganscouting.org for more information.