Troop 271 meets Thursday evenings from 7:00–8:30 at Mayflower Congregational Church, 2345 Robinson Road SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506. About once a month, we take a break to do something different (maybe a service project, maybe an off-site merit badge requirement, maybe just something fun). So if you’re planning to visit, it’s a good idea to contact one of the adult leaders to make sure you know where we’ll be.
We are an active, boy-led troop of about 25 scouts, with (almost) monthly campouts and service projects throughout the year.
Fall 2020 Outing Schedule
With things as up in the air as they have been lately, we did not attempt to schedule a full year of outings. Here are our plans through December.
Fly Fishing in Baldwin, MI
Backpacking on the Manistee River Trail
Modified Thanksgiving Feast at Yankee Springs
City Hike in Grand Rapids, or farther afield if circumstances allow
Our service projects are usually scheduled a month to six weeks in advance, in order to accommodate the community’s needs and the Troop’s schedule. Below are some of the “traditional” projects we do.
- Set up and clean up bedrooms for the Interfaith Hospitality Network
- Participate in the 9/11 Scout Salute
- Volunteer at the Rhoades McKee Reeds Lake Triathlon/Duathlon
- Clear trails and pull weeds at the Calvin College Ecosystem Preserve
- Serve pancakes and sausage at the annual Eastown Community Breakfast
- Spread mulch on the grounds of Mayflower Church
- Man a water station at the Huntington Reeds Lake Run
- …and other projects as requested!